CLOSED FOR REDEVELOPMENT
The Gallery is closed temporarily from April – September 2019 while we undergo an exciting $2.3 million transformation. During this time, you can still enjoy the Sculpture Park and Awaba House Restaurant and Café (02 49506366), as well as our art classes that are continuing in new locations.
Stay tuned for details of our grand reopening celebration in September.
Admission is free
Taxi Services Co-op: 133 300
Toronto Hire Cars: 02 4950 4111
Newcastle Bus Service: 131 500
CityRail Trains: 131 500
- Awaba House Café
- Telephone: 02 4950 6366
- Website: Awaba House Restaurant and Cafe
The gallery site is welcoming and visitor friendly with:
- state-of-the-art seminar facilities for a wide range of purposes from art classes, lectures and residencies by visiting artists and academics, to community and corporate events
- a retail outlet for contemporary craft and design
- easy ramp access to the gallery for wheelchairs and prams
- baby changing facilities and disability access to toilets
- ample car parking adjacent to Hunter Rowing Club
- helpful, knowledgeable and friendly staff
- onsite café and catering facilities at Awaba House Café
Young gallery visitors and their families can find fun things to do in our Family Activity Corner where inspiration and materials are provided all year round. Explore the sculpture park and exhibition together using our Family Exhibition Activity Sheet or our Sculpture Park Worksheet.
The gallery is an ideal destination for visitors. Guided tours are available for small and large groups. Come and explore the exhibition and sculpture park with your friends or colleagues. There are tea-making facilities in the gallery as well as plenty of parking for cars and coaches. For the more energetic visitor, the gallery also has bike racks.